Thursday, April 10, 2014

My Sun Damaged Vacation!


(Don't forget to look at the specials that are posted for May.  They are listed to the right of this blog under their own category - Monthly Specials.)

I just got back from a visit to North Carolina and Florida and I was rather taken back by the horror stories I heard and saw about skin cancer.  Two of the women I had dinner with had cancers removed from their noses and one lady had to have the end of her nose rebuilt. It was very traumatic.  Where ever I went in Florida I saw people running around with fresh bandages or bandaids  covering newly removed growths from their faces, and many from their legs.  I'm sure there were many spots removed from backs as well. I just couldn't see those.  There seemed to be a dermatology clinic on every corner.  It struck me hard because out here in the East, we're aware of the problem but it doesn't seem as obvious. I don't think I will ever go without sunscreen again, even on cloudy days. You shouldn't either. I was in Florida for ten days covered from head to toe with our Advanced Protection SPF 30 and never got a speck of red.  It's not greasy and has no scent, and the protection level is very high. A full description of this product is listed under " Sensitive to Normal  Products" on the right side of this blog. Please take the time to read about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment